Do you want to make your favorite bhang recipe – weed brownie – but you don’t have the best method? Don’t worry. Learn more about the best weed brownie recipe in this article.
It is one of the delicious recipes made from marijuana. Weed brownie stands out among other bhang recipes for two reasons: 1) they whip in a snap and make everything made of chocolate have an extraordinary taste and flavor, and 2) the recipes only require one bowl for simple clean-up. Weed brownies have their notorious funs. The molasses used in preparing it adds moisture, while the chocolate has a sweet taste with bitterness. The combination of various ingredients gives it a unique taste that you will love and crave for.
If you need to enjoy this weed recipe without worries, consult or follow legal restrictions on your state. Since there are numerous variables of homemade weed edibles, go step by step. You may start with a half serve to know your endurance or tolerance level and increase after series of tests. There are numerous recipes for weed brownies. Let us discuss some of them and find yourself the one you can afford and deem easy to adopt.
Recipe For Weed Brownies
Preparation and cooking take 3 and 2 hours, respectively. This recipe yields 16 weed brownies, weighing about 8-10 milligrams.
- Half a cup of unsalted water (113 grams).
- One gram of high-quality cannabis flower.
- One hundred grams of dark chocolate (half a cup and chopped).
- One tablespoon of molasses.
- Two hundred and fifty grams of granulated sugar-half a cup.
- One tablespoon of kosher salt.
- Two average-sized eggs.
- Ninety grams of the all-purpose baking floor.
- Fifty-seven grams of toasted nuts (chopped) – optional.
- Twenty-one grams of natural cocoa powder.
- Half a cup more for preparing the pan.
Before going on the procedure, you should learn to make cannabutter since it always has a short shelf-life; hence it is rare in food shops.
How to make cannabutter
The first step – gathering tools and ingredients
To make cannabutter as an ingredient for weed brownies, you will need some tools and ingredients. Some of them might probably be around your kitchen, so you don't need to put some effort to make a purchase.
Ingredients For Decarboxylation
- One gram of high-quality cannabis flower
- Baking sheet – lined with parchment
- A wooden spoon
- A grinder
Ingredients For Making Cannabutter
- Unsalted butter
- Half a cup of water
- Average size saucepan
- Mesh strainer (a fine one)
- Candy thermometer
- Food storage container.
The second step – use high-quality cannabis
Chefs will tell you that ingredients matter when it comes to making mouth-watering food. Most weed edibles are prepared using cannabutter made with shake or trim – leaves from cannabis sativa flowers after harvest. However, shake or trim cannabis contains high plant matter with more chlorophyll. This means that the bitterness of the final product will significantly increase.
Some people prefer using hashish or grinder kief, a concentration of the crystal-laden resin residue in cannabis. To reduce its complexity, start with a gram of high-quality cannabis flower. This refers to the cannabis part that has been planted, harvested, and cured after drying for smoking.
Although most pre-packed cannabis edibles, such as those from the bhang dispensary, use terms like indica and sativa, all are market strategies. This is because the crucial oils in plants responsible for different impacts of bhang differ from edible forms in terms of chemical interactions.
When purchasing cannabis flowers, focus on the ratio of CBD and THC. For a balanced outcome, use THC and CBD f ration 1:1. This means that in every milligram of CBD, there is a milligram of THC. If you have some choices at your hands, follow your noise instincts for herbal and peppery. Thereafter, consider whether some flavors match the cannabutter you need to prepare.
Third step – preheating the weed
Weed needs to be heated to covert the THCA to THC, a process called decarboxylation. Heating the bowl decarboxylates the cannabis, increasing its effects. When the intensity of the heat is increased, the reaction rises considerably. However, when preparing cannabutter for consumption, high-intensity heat may interfere with taste. There are various ways of decarboxylating weed, though using the oven is preferable. Here is the direction:
- Heat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break the cannabis flowers into smaller particles using your hands to increase the surface area for the action of heat. Make sure that the pieces break easily like the broccoli flowers.
- Bundle your broken cannabis flowers in parchment, then wrap it in an aluminum foil or an airtight casing – like the oven-safe silicone carrier.
- Please place it in a small baking bowl and bale it for about half an hour. If this is your first time preparing cannabutter, I advise you to cook it in a low time range.
- Remove your sheet pan from the oven and let the contents cool to room temperature.
- After cooling, grind your decarboxylated bhang flowers using a grinder. Move it to the preparation of the cannabis butter after coming up with a soft powder-like coffee and not espresso.
- Do not wait; use your grounded cannabis flowers immediately.
Fourth step – infusing the butter
It is crucial to choose high-quality butter, such as high-quality cannabis. Some individuals prefer unsalted butter. You do not need fancy-schmancy but a high-fat content, European-styled unsalted butter.
In the infusion process, most of the cannabutter recipes you will come across tend to go overboard. They need long steed of the decarboxylated cannabis in the butter that will infuse the fat into the cannabinoids. Additionally, it pulls chlorophyll and any other green mater from the cannabis that will negatively affect the taste of your cannabutter.
In an experiment in the analytical lab, about 90 percent of the cannabinoids were infused in butter after 45 minutes. The brown butter that makes the cannabutter taste delicious recorded an infusion rate of only six minutes due to the high heat intensity.
If you are preparing personal cannabutter, reach out for decarboxylated to infuse high-quality butter for about half an hour. The 6 minutes is only achieved due to the high heat intensity with no degradation. Follow the following procedure to make your cannabutter.
- Add the decarboxylated and ground weed powder to an average saucepan. The amount should be the same as in the recipe.
- Add half a cup of water to replace the evaporated water.
- Simmer at low heat for 45 minutes. Use the candy thermometer to ensure the temperature does not go beyond 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove your saucepan from the heat source, then pour the contents through the fine mesh into a safe container.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cool in a refrigerator. Pour away any remaining water.
Fifth Step – Cook with The Cannabutter
Now that your cannabutter is activated and infused properly, its shelf life reduces and becomes shorter than regular butter. If tightly wrapped, it can only stay intact for a fortnight. So, to make the best out of it, cook with it immediately.
The Weed Brownie Recipe
After preparing the cannabutter, here is the recipe for weed brownies.
- Get your cannabutter ready.
- Butter it in an 8 by 8-inch pan, then dust with your cocoa powder.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt your cannabutter in an oven at 10 minutes intervals. Add the dark chocolate as the process continues.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add sugar, salt, vanilla, and molasses to the contents inside.
- To your mixture, add an egg – smashed – at a time, then mix well. Beat it for around five minutes until you see the formation of a five-second ribbon on the butter's top when lifting the whisk. If you are using nuts, stir them using a stirrer. Whisk the baking flour with the powdered cocoa, then add to the mixture in your cooking pan.
- Mix carefully until all the baking floor disappears. However, do not go overboard in mixing.
- Pour your ready butter into the cooking pan and place it over the oven. Bake it for 25 minutes until it forms a glossy top and starts cracking. Be keen on the dough's edges as they will firm faster than any other place. To check the progress, insert, say, a toothpick at the corner. It should contain a few moist crumbs if it's ready.
- Take your pan off the oven and let it cool down for about 10 minutes. Cut it into 16 pieces of brown dough. If the pan you are using is not made of glass, plunge the pan in cold water immediately after taking it off the oven. The temperature shock will result in forming a new crust as it maintains the gooey center.
- Store your brownies in an airtight food storage container and let them rest for a week. Cut the wed brownies and freeze if you want them to have a long shelf life. For serving, warm them over the oven or microwave.
- Enjoy your delicious weed brownie. You can serve it with any cold drink or alone.
Mistakes That Can Be Made When Making Marijuana Edibles – Weed Brownies
If you want your weed brownie to have an incredible taste, be careful when grinding the marijuana. It should not be a fine powder. What you are extracting are the trichomes on the leaves and buds. Note that these things are not found in the leaves or buds! Grinding your cannabis into fine powder allows more plant matter into the finished product, altering the final product.
Some individuals claim that fine marijuana should be included in weed brownie. Since the trichomes are on the buds and leaves and not inside the plant, you will have more plant mater and fewer trichomes in your weed brownies. This will make your extract turn green. Its flavor will be herbal-like. You are not looking for herbal in weed brownie, but a delicious snack to enjoy.
When preparing weed brownie at a high temperature, the components of the marijuana will be broken down, leading to quality degradation. Do not use the infused cannabis oil for frying or sauteing. When baking, ensure that the marijuana concentrate is in the butter. The average temperature for preparing weed brownies is 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Not following the recipe
If you don't follow the correct cooking recipe, you may have challenges. For instance, you may add salt instead of sugar or get the cooking methods wrong. Additionally, you may burn all your precious weed brownies if you don’t follow the correct temperature and time setting. Be careful of the sizes and portions that you are supposed to add. Following simple recipes may lead to disgusting results.
The Bottom Line
Preparing weed brownie is easy and fun if you have the correct recipe. To get the best results, make sure you have all the requirements. Follow all the steps, including the ones that seem very important.